If you’re a motorcycle enthusiast, then you know that keeping your bike in good condition is key to enjoying your rides. One of the most important parts of your bike is the chain – if it’s damaged or worn, it can cause big problems. That’s where a motorcycle chain breaking tool comes in! This handy tool allows you to quickly and easily remove and install chain pins on your motorbike, which can save you money on expensive repairs. In this article, we’ll discuss why every motorcyclist should have a chain breaker, and we’ll also review some of the best models currently available.
What is a Motorcycle Chain Breaking Tool?
A motorcycle chain-breaking tool sometimes called a chain pin press or chain breaker, is a handy tool that’s used for removing and installing chain pins on a motorbike. It’s designed to be quick and accurate, making it the perfect choice for motorcycle enthusiasts who want to take care of their bikes themselves.
Our Top Pick Motorcycle Chain Breaking Tool
Why a Motorcycle Chain Breaker Can Save You Money
If your motorcycle chain is damaged or worn, you’ll need to replace it. This can be a costly endeavor, especially if you take your bike to a mechanic. With a motorcycle chain breaking tool, however, you can do the job yourself if you are mechanically minded – and save yourself some money with some basic motorcycle maintenance in the process!
Top Five Best Selling Motorcycle Chain Breaking Tools
If you’re in the market for a motorcycle chain breaking tool, then check out our top five picks! These are the best-selling models currently available in the UK, and each one offers its own set of benefits.
- Material - The chain release is made of high-quality materials, with good quenching. The surface is processed with special treatment, makes it anti-rust and durable.
- Function - It is used for chain removal when the chain is damaged. Bring your own chain remover, which can save the high maintenance cost of the car repair shop.
- Practical: Use the Chain Breaker 13-Piece Set with Carrying Case ? Chain Cutter and Riveter for Motorcycle, Bike, ATV to remove and reinstall motorcycle/bike, rear drive, and OHV cam chains that are...
- Durable: Constructed from hardened steel to ensure strength and longevity
- Three In One
- Precision Made
- Breaks and rejoins most types of chain quickly and easily.
- Suitable for most sizes of drive or cam chain from #25 to #520.
- 【Suitable for】Chain breaking / breaker / link removal tool. It fit chain sizes 415,420,428,520,530
- 【Easy to carry】Chain Breaker Motorbike.Light weight, it's the perfect take-along chain tool.Easy to use and easily breaks chain in seconds.
Last update on 2023-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Often Should You Check Your Motorbike Chain?
Most motorcycle enthusiasts recommend checking your chains at least once a month for wear or damage. This is especially important if you’re riding in areas with lots of dirt or gravel, as these substances can quickly wear down your chain.
Adjusting a motorcycle chain correctly can reduce excessive wear on your chain so ensure that you check the correct specifications for your motorbike and adjust the tension accordingly.
With a motorcycle chain breaker however, you can easily remove and install new chains so that you’re always riding safe and sound.
Basic Motorcycle Chain Maintenence
Checking a motorcycle chain regularly is an important part of biking, check for wear and tear that can occur over time, a chain that is not tensioned correctly can cause damage to your bike’s sprockets, it is also important to regularly clean and lubricate the motorcycle chain to ensure it lasts as long as possible before a replacement is needed.
Should a Motorcyclist Attempt Repairs On a Motorbike?
This is a question that motorcycle enthusiasts debate quite often. There are those who believe that anyone with some mechanical knowledge can do basic repairs on their bike, and then there are those who think that it’s best to leave the repairs to the professionals.
Make sure if you do repairs on your motorcycle you take all the necessary safety precautions such as using paddock stands or other safety equipment that is necessary to complete any repair safely.
When touring or riding a motorcycle daily it is always a good idea to carry a basic motorcycle tool kit with you, basic roadside repairs can save you money and the added expense of motorbike recovery and workshop repairs.
Things To Consider when buying a chain breaker tool
Having good tools for working on a motorbike will save you time and money, there are some things you should consider before choosing the right tool for your requirements.
- How easy is the tool to use?
- Is it durable and well made?
- Can it be used for other motorcycle tasks, such as other chains on the bike?
- Is the price reasonable?
- Will you save money in the long run with a motorcycle chain breaking tool?
Not only will you be able to save on expensive motorcycle repairs but you can also do many of the adjustments and tasks yourself with the right tools. In some cases, it’s essential to have the correct tool for the job or task at hand or you could do more damage.
A motorcycle chain-breaking tool is an essential piece of equipment for any motorcycle enthusiast, and with the right one, you can save yourself time and money on repairs. Make sure to check out our top pick and the top five best-selling tools before making your purchase!
A motorcycle chain breaking tool is an essential piece of equipment for any motorcyclist. It allows you to quickly and easily remove and install chain pins on your bike, which can save you money on expensive repairs. We recommend checking your chains at least once a month for wear or damage, and adjusting the tension accordingly. With a motorcycle chain breaking tool, you can easily remove and install new chains so that you’re always riding safe and sound.