A motorcycle cargo net is an essential piece of safety gear for anyone who frequently travels by motorcycle, we take a look at what is a motorcycle cargo net? how they keep your belongings securely in place, plus different types, sizes, and styles to suit different types of motorcycles.
What is a motorcycle cargo net and what are its benefits for bikers
A motorcycle cargo net is an important safety accessory for any rider who regularly carries gear on their bike. The netting helps to secure belongings in place, preventing them from sliding around or falling off while in transit.
Used in conjunction with other motorcycle luggage systems the net provides added storage value for difficult-to-pack items such as a piece of camping equipment or oddly shaped items.
In addition to promoting safe riding, cargo nets can also help to improve fuel economy by reducing wind drag by keeping luggage compact. And for riders who frequently travel with larger items, cargo nets can provide an extra measure of security and peace of mind.
Whether used for everyday commuting or longer road trips, a motorcycle cargo net is an essential piece of equipment for any rider who values safety and convenience.
How to install a motorcycle cargo net
Motorcycle cargo nets are an essential piece of gear for any rider who wants to transport gear on their bike. Not only do they keep your belongings from shifting around and possibly falling off, but they also help to protect your items from the elements.
Most motorcycle cargo nets are simple to install and require only a few basic tools.
First, you will need to decide where you want to mount the net.
The most common location is on the back of the seat, but some riders also choose to mount them on the sides of the bike, on the front fender, or on the rear rack of a motorcycle.
Once you have chosen a location, mark the spot where you will be attaching the net, you may need to drill holes for attaching the net if there are insufficient anchor points.
It is important to make sure that the net will be mounted in a secure location that will not interfere with any moving parts on the bike, and also ensure that the net is not in close proximity to anything sharp, or hot such as the exhaust or engine.
Next, drill any holes required in the marked location, and then thread the provided hardware through the holes. Make sure that the nuts are tightened securely to any anchor points you create, but do not overtighten them as this could damage the threads.
Finally, attach the cargo net to the hardware and tighten it down. With a few simple steps, you can easily install a motorcycle cargo net that will keep your gear safe and secure while you ride.
The different types of motorcycle cargo nets available on the market
There are many different types of motorcycle cargo nets available on the market.
The most popular type is the nylon net, which is strong and durable. However, there are also nets made from other materials, such as polyester or Kevlar. These nets are often lighter and easier to install, but they may not be as strong as nylon nets.
Another type of cargo net is the ratchet net, which tightens around the cargo to keep it secure. Ratchet nets are often used in conjunction with straps or tie-downs, and they are available in both nylon and polyester.
No matter what type of motorcycle cargo net you choose, make sure it is the right size for your bike and your cargo.
Motorcycle Cargo Net Bestsellers - Top 5
- 3 Pack: 2 x Motorcycles cargo net, 1 x Helmet rubber rope.
- Adjustable Hooks:6Pcs ABS plastic hooks are adjustable and durable, won't scratch vehicle finish. Hooks are movable to fit existing car and luggage rack attachment points
- Size: Approx. 15.7 x 15.7'' / 40 x 40cm cargo net + 60cm Helmet rubber rope. easy to install, high-density stretchable.
- Very good elastisity, and is really durable. Not a problem for a normal helmet to fit and many other htings like jackets bags and even a large watermelon.
- Universal fits most motorcycles/motorbike, ATV, bike rack, bike basket, snowmobile, bucket, cargo carrier, and cargo box, etc
- OXFORD CARGO Net - Red - OX664
- Strong elasticated webbing
- Nylon coated steel hooks
- Approx. 30cm x 30cm (relaxed)
- ★PACKAGE AND SIZE: 2 x Motorcycles cargo net(40 x 40cm/ 15.7" x 15.7"), 1 x 60cm Helmet rubber rope.
- ★HIGH QUALITY CARGO NET: Made with thick 4mm Latex bungee material for maximum durability and longevity. 15" x 15" Black Net can stretches to 25" x 24".
- ★ADJUSTABLE HOOKS: Durable, safe to use, movable to fit existing car and luggage rack attachment points.
- ★WELL - DESIGNED: Designed with mesh squares, effectively keeps small items from falling out, provides more strength and protection when stretched over larger cargo.
- ★WIDELY USED: Easy to use and store. Universal fits most motorcycles/motorbike, ATV, bike rack, bike basket, snowmobile, bucket, cargo carrier, and cargo box, etc.
- Six hooks to secure baggage firmly
- Hooks nylon coated to protect paintwork
- PREMIUM LATEX BUNGEE MATERIAL: The 38cmx38cm cargo net uses 0.48cm thick premium latex bungee, with wonderful elasticity and can be streched to 76cmx76cm
- SMALL MESHES: Small 5cmx5cm meshes, much smaller than other 7.6cmx7.6cm meshes of other luggage nets, can hold small goods and prevent them falling from the meshes
- SUPERIOR ABS MATERIAL HOOKS: The latex bungee net is equipped with 6PCS superior moveable ABS plastic hooks. Avoid scratch and rust free, unlike steel hooks
- FITMENT TYPE: The cargo netting is suitable for motorcycle, bicycle, paddleboard, kayak quad, canoe, moped, ATV, snowmobile for holding cargo, luggage, basket, helmet and so on
- CLIENT SUPPORT: Please feel free to contact us at first if there is any problem when you receive or use our products. We are always here to support you. 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason,...
Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The best way to use a motorcycle cargo net for your needs
There are many different ways to use a motorcycle cargo net, and the best way to use one will depend on your specific needs.
If you frequently transport large or heavy items on your motorcycle, then a cargo net can help to secure these items and prevent them from falling off during transport.
If you live in an area with a lot of wind or rain, a cargo net can also help to keep your belongings dry and protected from the elements by simply covering your luggage with a waterproof layer and securing it with the net.
And if you’re simply looking for a way to keep your belongings organized and easy to access while on the road, a cargo net can be a great way to do this.
No matter what your needs are, there’s a motorcycle cargo net that’s perfect for you.
How to properly store and care for your motorcycle cargo net
Your motorcycle cargo net is an essential piece of gear, but it’s also important to take care of it so it will last for years. Here are some tips for proper storage and care:
- When not in use, store your cargo net in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid exposing the net to direct sunlight, as this can cause the material to degrade over time.
- If the net gets dirty, clean it with mild soap and water. Do not use harsh cleaners or solvents, as these can damage the netting.
- Inspect the net regularly for signs of wear or damage. If any sections are frayed or damaged, replace them immediately.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your motorcycle cargo net will be ready when you need it and that it will provide years of reliable service.
How safe is motorcycle luggage using a motorcycle cargo net
Motorcycle cargo nets are a great way to secure your belongings while you’re on the road. They’re easy to use and can be attached to almost any motorcycle.
However, before you use a motorcycle cargo net, it’s important to understand how they work and how to properly attach them.
In general, motorcycle cargo nets come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. Smaller and medium-sized nets are typically used for lighter items like clothes or sleeping bags, while larger nets can accommodate heavier items like tools or camping gear.
To attach a motorcycle cargo net, first, choose a spot on your motorcycle where you want the net to be attached. The rear of the seat is a popular choice, but you can also attach the net to the back rack or to the frame of the motorcycle.
Once you’ve chosen a spot, use the included straps, hooks, or loops to secure the net in place. Be sure to double-check that all loops and straps are tight so that your belongings will be securely fastened.
Also, it is important to ensure that no sharp edges are in contact with the cargo net as this could cause the net to break. With a little bit of effort, you can easily attach a motorcycle cargo net and have peace of mind knowing that your belongings are safe while you’re on the go.
Are motorcycle cargo nets better than bungees or straps
Any motorcycle owner will tell you that securing your belongings is essential when hitting the open road. The last thing you want is for your belongings to come loose and topple over, causing a dangerous road hazard.
But what’s the best way to secure your cargo? That’s where motorcycle cargo nets come in.
Unlike bungee cords or straps, which can stretch or come undone, cargo nets create a tight, secure barrier that helps to prevent your belongings from shifting around or falling out.
In addition, cargo nets are easy to use and don’t require any special tools or knowledge to install. As a result, they’re an ideal solution for anyone looking for a simple, effective way to secure their motorcycle cargo.
In conclusion, bikers love motorcycle cargo nets simply because they are practical and convenient for securing luggage on their motorcycles.
Whether riders are taking a short trip to work or going on a motorbike tour cargo nets are a useful tool for motorcyclists.