Motorcycle gloves are a motorcycle rider’s best friend. They provide protection from abrasions and cuts, help keep your hands warm in cold weather, and they’re often the only thing that stands between you and the road when you have an accident. Choosing the best pair of motorcycle gloves can be difficult though because there are so many different types on offer – which is right for you? Read this article to learn about motorcycle glove features, how to choose motorcycle gloves, motorcycle glove benefits, and more!
Motorcycle Glove Features
There are a few things you need to look for when choosing motorcycle gloves. The most important features are:
- protection from the elements – wind, rain, and cold weather.
- protection from abrasions in case of an accident.
- good grip on the handlebars.
- comfort when riding.
Motorcycle Gloves for Wet Weather
When choosing motorcycle gloves for a wet day, make sure they keep your hands dry and protect you from wind chill. Some motorcycle glove manufacturers recommend waterproof motorcycle gloves to use in cold weather while others claim that motorcycle winter gloves are the best choice when it’s cold outside. Motorcycle rain gloves should leave no exposed areas where water can seep through to your skin ensuring your hands remain dry throughout your ride.
- Over-molded hard knuckle protector and 3D protection on joints provide super premium impact...
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Motorcycle Gloves for Hot Weather
Motorcycle gloves for hot weather should have good ventilation to prevent your hands from overheating. Look for gloves with mesh panels and perforated leather on the back of motorcycle summer gloves to allow airflow through the material, ensuring that you don’t overheat while riding in warm conditions.
- 100% genuine cowhide Leather
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Motorcycle Gloves that provide protection
Motorcycle gloves that provide protection are a must for any motorcycle rider. In the event of an accident, motorcycle gloves can help prevent abrasions and cuts on your hands. They can also keep your hands warm in cold weather and protect you from the elements when it’s raining or snowing.
When choosing a pair of gloves, look for gloves that have a hard knuckle protector because these motorcycle gloves will protect you from impact. Other glove features that should be considered are:
- reinforcement on the palm and fingers to prevent your hand from sliding forward in an accident.
- a wrist strap so your motorcycle gloves don’t come off easily when riding at high speeds.
Carbon Fiber Pro-Biker Motorcycle Gloves with hard shell protection
RST Tractech Evo 4 Aramid Motorcycle gloves with protection
Alpinestars GP Pro R3 Motorcycle gloves with Knuckle Protection
Motorcycle Gloves with Good Grip
When choosing motorcycle gloves, motorcycle glove grip is important because you want to maintain a good hold on the handlebars at all times. Look for motorcycle gloves made from leather, as this can provide excellent grip and will last you longer than other materials such as cloth or mesh.
Motorcycle Gloves that Give You Comfort When Riding
In order to keep your focus where it should be – on the road ahead of you, motorcycle gloves should be comfortable. Look for leather gloves that are soft and pliable to ensure your hands don’t feel restricted when gripping the handlebars.
Make sure that the size is correct because tightly fitting gloves can reduce blood flow to your hands, they need to be a good fit that they will not come off your hands but not overly tight that they cause restriction.
Benefits of Wearing Gloves When Riding a Motorbike
Motorcycle gloves provide many benefits whether you’re riding in wet or warm weather, giving you a good grip on the motorcycle handlebars, or ensuring your hands remain comfortable. Motorcycle gloves are often all that stands between you and road rash in an accident so it’s important to choose gloves carefully.
Different sports riders may require different types of motorcycle gloves. Some motorcycle gloves are good for long rides, others protect your hands from debris that may impact your hands especially if you were riding on dirt tracks on a trials bike.
Choosing the right pair of gloves can help you to ride more comfortably in different situations, and at different speeds, for example, you would not want a pair of gloves with gauntlets halfway up your arm if you were riding down the freeway at high speeds one moment and then doing some trials riding in an urban area.
Motorcycle gloves are important motorcycle gear that can help you ride more comfortably, protect your hands in case of falls or accidents, and give you a better grip on motorcycle handlebars so they’re definitely worth considering when choosing motorcycle gear for yourself.
Top 5 Best Selling Motorcycle Gloves
- "Winter Thermal Inner Gloves Included FREE" ,Warm in winter, waterproof in rain, protects from wind.100% Genuine leather.
- Textile & Thinsulate Lining Combination Ensure Maximum Warmth, Durability & Protection
- Additional leather knuckle protection provides outstanding protection, these are STRETCHABLE PANELS on the knuckle part
- Winter thermal gloves warm lining combination waterproof in rain, ensure protects from wind in winter ski snow multi sports bike design keep your hands stability & protection hard knuckle protector...
- Waterproof motorcycle gloves durable and long lasting from beginning to end layer waterproof covering double stitched leather coated to prevent water from getting in. Leather palms of bike gloves for...
- Hard shell protection strong knuckle excellent ergonomic design with tough armor guard, attractive details outer safety moto gloves who ride motorcycles in cold weather. Motorbike waterproof gloves...
- 【Multi-Purpose Gloves】Ideal for motocross, BMX ATV MTB riding, road racing, cycling, climbing, skating and all other outdoor activities.
- 【Perfect Grip and Control】Wear-resistant silicone gel dots in palm part effectively increase the grip of your handlebars to ensure more control and safety.
- 【Touchscreen Fingertips】Contained conductive metal fiber on both fingertips of index finger and thumb, the gloves work well with all touch screen devices.
- Motorcycle gloves fabric is used for grip and improved stability of inner pads on the palms with sturdy non-slip and shock absorption reduce bumpy road pressure on the palms during riding full finger...
- Motor bike gloves hard knuckle to keep safe and snug fitting with wrist closure adhesive for better fit movement of fingers and wrist for sports cycling racing or hiking climbing activities. Durable...
- Padded gloves palm reinforcement anti-skid pad prevent the palm from being callused and very flexible when worn easily grip items. Lightweight non slip dexterity palm area and breathable finger...
- ☛ [CONSTRUCTION] EVO Fitness Motorbike Gloves are made of Pure COWHIDE Leather also features Rubber Gel, Hipora and Thinsulate 3M Lining With Winter Inner Thermal Black Gloves Included FREE
- ☛ These Motorcycle Gloves also have Thermal Lining and Hipora by which gloves are Warm in winter, Waterproof in rain, protects from wind.100% Genuine Cowhide leather
- ☛ Engineered for performance. Anti slip palm grip for maximum control, Leather edges are turned out for maximum control Perfect for Professional Bike/ Motorcycle Riding, Textile & Thinsulate Lining...
Last update on 2023-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Looking After Motorcycle Gloves
motorcycle gloves, as with all motorcycle gear, should be given proper care to ensure they last you for a long time. Clean your motorcycle gloves after each ride with a damp cloth and allow them to air dry before storing them away. Allow the gloves to dry naturally and never put them in the dryer as this can damage the leather and make them less effective at protecting your hands in an accident.
Never use motorcycle oil or any other type of cleaning product on your motorcycle gloves as this can also damage the leather and affect their performance. Store your motorcycle gloves in a cool, dark place when not in use to Do not store your motorcycle gloves in direct sunlight or in a hot area as this can damage the leather and cause motorcycle gloves to dry out.
Motorcycle gear, including motorcycle gloves, must be properly maintained in order for them to give you the best possible protection when riding your motorcycle. If you want motorcycle gloves that will help keep your hands safe and comfortable while protecting against impact or debris then looking after your gloves is important.
If the leather on the gloves becomes dry use a dedicated leather conditioner suitable for protecting all types of leather.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to wear motorbike gloves?
Yes, it is necessary to wear motorbike gloves for safety, and comfort when riding, however, it is not a legal requirement. Motorcycling gloves for bikers protect your hands from the weather, insects, and give protection in the event of an accident.
Should motorcycle gloves be tight fitting?
No, motorcycle gloves should not be tight fitting because they could cut off the blood circulation to your hands. Gloves should fit comfortably allowing you to move your hands without restriction giving you better control when motorbike riding.
Can I use any gloves for motorbike riding?
No, motorcycle gloves are designed for hand protection from weather and accidents, a pair of wooly gloves out of your top drawer just won’t provide adequate safety for riding motorcycles. It is important to maintain a grip on the handlebars of a motorbike which motorcycle gloves are designed to do, whereas many ordinary gloves could cause you to slip on the throttle or brake lever when riding.
There are many different types of motorcycle gloves on the market, and it’s important to choose the right pair for your needs. Look for gloves that provide protection in case of accidents, good grip on the motorcycle handlebars, and comfort while riding. Remember that a good pair of gloves can help prevent road rash in a fall or accident, so it’s important to choose quality gloves that you’re comfortable with.
We hope this article helped you with choosing the best pair of motorcycle gloves for your motorbike riding.